On September 12, 1903, the State Spiritualist Association purchased the 10 acres from Earnest C. Oberteurffer (1876-1934). The Association built the State Spiritual Camp, a recreational summer camp called Camp Edgewood.
In 1927, a hotel later called the Healing Center was nearly destroyed by a fire in January 1948, and refurbished in 2004, to include a second floor with bedrooms. The Spiritualists over the decades have held numerous activities including retreats, readings, and levitation sessions, never turning anyone away from the camp who wanted to use the facilities.
Today, the Spirit Center still includes the Healing Center, an auditorium, large classroom, a se’ance room, chapel, a gazebo, and rose garden. A tower was built for the original church bell to be rung to announce services. To this day Spiritualists still serve at Camp Edgewood in the summertime beginning Memorial Day thru Labor Day.